So why?

Off on a diving trip with a difference, - A holiday but helping to restore ecosystem balance on the reefs...... I couldn't resist.

A promise was made by ReefCI the NGO I went to work with that I would make a difference.

I did!
(this blog will not be grammatically correct - this I know -don't complain - just enjoy, and laugh at me if you can't laugh with me. ;-)


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Restful Shore Leave - Not!

The trip back from the Island of. Tom Owens Caye, was exceedingly bumpy.  Crossing a heavy ocean over 90 minutes in a dive boat is another new experience for me. 

I will never need to go on a roller coaster again. 

The Captain of the Boat was Brilliant.  Without his skill we would not have made it back for a Friday night beer. 

On Saturday, Paul, Rubt and I visited the ruins of Labantum.  Santiago and our tour guide Wilfred lived and breathed the heritage of the Myans, and it was clear to us that Santiago's genetic heritage prompted his skill and historical association with the ruins. 

In the afternoon we visited the National Park and saw some beautiful waterfalls.  I was the only one brave enough to swim in the whirl pool of the falls.  

On Sunday afternoon, after a morning lie in, I went to a Mayan Chocolate producing family, who manage to produce, grow and refine 95% chocolate from the to deck of their traditional Mayan house. 

It tastes fantastic, and I got the chance to make some too.... It no longer exists - I ate it. 

Photos, to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment