So why?

Off on a diving trip with a difference, - A holiday but helping to restore ecosystem balance on the reefs...... I couldn't resist.

A promise was made by ReefCI the NGO I went to work with that I would make a difference.

I did!
(this blog will not be grammatically correct - this I know -don't complain - just enjoy, and laugh at me if you can't laugh with me. ;-)


Monday, December 9, 2013

Can it get Better than this? - Oh yes it can!

Well Wednesday 4th December was Brilliant!

4 dives in the day, with the final one being a night time dive.  Sadly no pictures of the night dive for very valid reasons.  

Much of the reef ecology is regenerating overnight, so species such as parrot fish and octopus are highly sensitive to light and the effects of light interruptions can be extremely detrimental to their living cycles and the use of a camera flash at this time is not recommended.

It has to be said that Wednesdays dives were effected by slightly reduced visibility, but that didn't stop us doing the work we had come out to do including a coral watch and documentation report.  

We also experienced increased surge and this did effect the enjoyment of the less experienced divers. 

Nevertheless we were treated to some amazing sights again and whilst I post the photos I recognise that the photos are not the best due to the suspended silts in the water. You can complain - BUT I Can't Hear you! *snigger*

We did go deeper to both improve the Viz and to allow Paul and Tom to complete their Advanced Open Water Certification Qualification in Dive 1.  And the bottom 10 meters of the dive plan allowed some clear photographs. But dives 2 and 3 were effected as you will see in follow on posts. 

Nature will be nature! :-)

But wait til you see some of the pictures in this post to see what we were treated to both during the dive an do again on our safety stops.


Before Dive 1 - Today was destined to be a good one!


A sunrise to be amazed at - over the deserted Island
 On Dive 1

A matching Pair of Spotfin Butterflyfish - It's love!
You can't see me said the Nassau Grouper - (so how do I know what it is?)

A very European looking French Grunt!


A very inquisitive Grey Angelfish
And on a our safety stop!  I promise you that the photo below is of a 1.5 m "wing" span Spotted Eagle Ray.  It was so interested in our safety stop it looped right around us.  (So sorry for the impact of the viz on the photo)

I Promise this is a spotted eagle ray!  Look really hard!
And as my fellow divers can testify it was a magical way to end Dive 1 of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment