So why?

Off on a diving trip with a difference, - A holiday but helping to restore ecosystem balance on the reefs...... I couldn't resist.

A promise was made by ReefCI the NGO I went to work with that I would make a difference.

I did!
(this blog will not be grammatically correct - this I know -don't complain - just enjoy, and laugh at me if you can't laugh with me. ;-)


Thursday, November 28, 2013

Blowing a Hooollie

Dear Scottish friends, apologies if I have spelt this description of our storm wrongly.  

Hooollie as a word totally sums up the fact that a heavy storm rolled in at 4am, like a wall blast bought in on a northerly wind,  and from that moment there was no hope of diving in the day.  It's 25 degrees and the staff are wandering about with about 5 layers of clothing on and complaining that it's freezing. *snort*


The Hooollie from one end of the Island

The Hooollie from the other end of the Island
So instead of diving - 

We learned about lion fish control measures, the measures other communities are taking, "Lionfish Derby's" and then Libby, Steph and I had an intensive class of shutter speeds, aperture and ISO - and understanding the balance needed between all 3 to take a good photo. 

We played with all the settings on our cameras and tried to produce as many badly produced photos as possible so that we understood all the setting implications on the manual setting.

My test subject felt somehow fitting.... not bad for a macro and manually set up.


I have to say I really like the software that Polly uses to manage her photos. 
It's really informative. Only problem is I'ld have to buy a MAC laptop<<<<  Muuuuuum?

We also had quizzes, fish ID sessions and a chance to have some serious hammock time with a book. 

When the wind had died down later in the evening, some of us played volley ball. (not me)

No comments:

Post a Comment