So why?

Off on a diving trip with a difference, - A holiday but helping to restore ecosystem balance on the reefs...... I couldn't resist.

A promise was made by ReefCI the NGO I went to work with that I would make a difference.

I did!
(this blog will not be grammatically correct - this I know -don't complain - just enjoy, and laugh at me if you can't laugh with me. ;-)


Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Really Eventful Day = Part 1

After yesterdays quiet (stormy) day, today was a much more rewarding and exciting day. 

Paul passed his Open Water Diving Exam = Hooraay

He was studying alongside Ruby, and Ruby is going to complete her training next week.

Ruby and Paul preparing for entry under Simon's Instruction



Our first dive at 730am included a buoyancy test with a difference.  This test was to make sure that when we do photography underwater that we take absolute care not to break/touch coral of sea life.



Polly showing us all how to do it!

And then Steph (after much verbal worrying) did a perfect copy


Then off we toodled (scuba style) to hone our skills for underwater photography.

We saw a lot of fish, including parrot fish, trigger fish, rock beauty,
french angel fish, crabs, eels - but not many of them would stay stationary enough for a properly set up photo. 

So here are some photos of sponges;

Sponges photographed on Sand Bomb Reef


I'ld like to introduce you to Libby, one of the best divers I have ever come across, diving for about 18 months with the heart of a 20 yr old, actually 10 years older than me.  Amazing lady. 

Our Amazing Libby - the best creature spotter I know


 


No comments:

Post a Comment