So why?

Off on a diving trip with a difference, - A holiday but helping to restore ecosystem balance on the reefs...... I couldn't resist.

A promise was made by ReefCI the NGO I went to work with that I would make a difference.

I did!
(this blog will not be grammatically correct - this I know -don't complain - just enjoy, and laugh at me if you can't laugh with me. ;-)


Monday, November 25, 2013

Reef CI and the Really Important work they do...

Our troup of divers has arrived.  We have already completed our first dive, met the team and had our introductory presentation to the very valuable work completed by this NGO organisation.

The Reef CI team and the work they do is all explained on their website which can be found here




Paul, Jake, Tracy and Simon in transit to Tom Owens Caye
Today we have learned about the protection in place around the Belize Marine Reserve, and the protection afforded critical species such as the manitees, whale sharks, Tarpun and others,  We have also watched a time tracked count of lion fish across the reefs of the carribbean and up the North Eastern American Coast. 

This is all traced back to a single release off fish off the coast of fllorida.  The lion fish are now taking over the reefs, and the indigenous species are suffering immensely as the lion fish take over. 

Between you and me I ate lion fish last night.  It was fantastic.  A combination of delicate fish and a sublime flavour.  I recommend it.

Pictures and more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment