So why?

Off on a diving trip with a difference, - A holiday but helping to restore ecosystem balance on the reefs...... I couldn't resist.

A promise was made by ReefCI the NGO I went to work with that I would make a difference.

I did!
(this blog will not be grammatically correct - this I know -don't complain - just enjoy, and laugh at me if you can't laugh with me. ;-)


Saturday, November 23, 2013

Getting to Belize and Into the Deep South

This morning I continued my trip from Atlanta, with a very bizarre experience.

There was I, a person used to using public transport, standing at the platform of the "complimentary" skyway in Atlanta Airport.  At least 20 people were also waiting for the train on the other side of the platform.

Having read the platform sign, I stood on the opposite side waiting for my next train to the airport. It was 6am local time.  All of a sudden a member of staff arrived just as the train drew into the station. "If you want the airport please cross to the other side of the platform"  she shouted at the top of her voice.

I swear that ALL of the people moved to the other platform just as they were boarding the train going in the opposite direction to the airport.....

Was I the only person that could read the sign hanging above the platform this morning?

I know it was early but......  I could not stop giggling.... I had to fake interest in my phone so that people wouldn't think I was laughing at them.   Silly really as with no 3G or wireless at the time, the most I was going to get from it was an early morning glow...

Anyway I am on my way - next stop Belize.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment