So why?

Off on a diving trip with a difference, - A holiday but helping to restore ecosystem balance on the reefs...... I couldn't resist.

A promise was made by ReefCI the NGO I went to work with that I would make a difference.

I did!
(this blog will not be grammatically correct - this I know -don't complain - just enjoy, and laugh at me if you can't laugh with me. ;-)


Monday, November 25, 2013

Laugh! - The Birds certainly did.

I have now officially "kayaked" for the first time.  This was both a great experience and a fabulous location to learn.  George was our guide through the mangrove swamps up a creek. 

Kayaking was great fun. If you look really hard you can just see my toes in the bottom of the picture in my “L-Plated canoe”




 
George our guide had the “gofast” canoe.  The rest of us “splished and sploshed” our way behind him so that we were wearing more of the creek, instead of gliding over it serenely like he did.

George was a fountain of all knowledge on local birds and could quote the number of the page in a well thumbed book straight to the picture and description  

 

 And we made new friends too.  Izzy the Iguana before she ends up as Sunday lunch known locally as Bamboo Chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment